. . . when I consider the humanity and abundant good sense of essays such as this wonderful piece by Nicholas Kristof, and then consider that Sen. Mitch McConnell, the senior senator from my home state of Kentucky, will be leading the fight to repeal Mr. Obama's health-care legislation and ensure that America's plutocracy rules the roost in, as Kristof so appropriately labels it, the banana republic that the US is becoming.
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (339)
- James Carroll on Republican Opposition to START
- McCain Shoots His Credibility in the Foot
- Afghanistan: worse than Vietnam?
- Sarah Palin Says Most Professors Don’t Believe in ...
- Leslie Gelb on Obama's Mideast Bribes
- The Human Costs of War in Afghanistan
- This is scary
- Frank Rich on Palin's Prospective Presidential Run...
- In Afghanistan, Your Tax Dollars at Work
- On American Exceptionalism
- Counterinsurgency? It's Whatever Petraeus Wants it...
- On the Rise of Sarah Palin
- Hitchens on Obama's "craven offer" to Netanyahu
- A Sucker's Bet
- Analyst: Iraq Deal is the Work of Outside Powers
- Karzai Speaks. Is Anybody Listening? (Lindsey Gra...
- Some Plain Sense on Afghanistan
- Ray Takeyh's Superb Tactic for Moving Iran Forward...
- Obama Praises New Iraqi Government as Inclusive
- Iraq's new deal not such a big deal?
- Wheeling ad Dealing in Iraq: More to Come
- Undercutting Obama: Joe Lieberman chimes in
- Netanyahu Dissing Obama - with the GOP ready to ba...
- Bush on his decision to invade Iraq
- More US meddling in Iraq's politics
- Chutzpah! Israel Risks US Fury With New Settlement...
- A Message to America's Jews (and Christian Zionist...
- Once again, Ashamed to be a Kentuckian
- Bravo, Barack! U.S. subjects its human rights reco...
- The Rejuvenation of GOP Warmongers
- The Costs of Pounding Yemen
- Boy George admits to his own criminality
- The Republicans control the House. Be very afraid...
- David Broder's FDR solution
- ▼ November (34)
- ► 2009 (440)