I've not been a huge fan of Hitchens ever since he declared himself in favor of the Iraq invasion, but his Slate essay about Obama's offer to Netanyahu begging for a new settlement freeze hits it about right. It is indeed a "national humiliation."
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (339)
- James Carroll on Republican Opposition to START
- McCain Shoots His Credibility in the Foot
- Afghanistan: worse than Vietnam?
- Sarah Palin Says Most Professors Don’t Believe in ...
- Leslie Gelb on Obama's Mideast Bribes
- The Human Costs of War in Afghanistan
- This is scary
- Frank Rich on Palin's Prospective Presidential Run...
- In Afghanistan, Your Tax Dollars at Work
- On American Exceptionalism
- Counterinsurgency? It's Whatever Petraeus Wants it...
- On the Rise of Sarah Palin
- Hitchens on Obama's "craven offer" to Netanyahu
- A Sucker's Bet
- Analyst: Iraq Deal is the Work of Outside Powers
- Karzai Speaks. Is Anybody Listening? (Lindsey Gra...
- Some Plain Sense on Afghanistan
- Ray Takeyh's Superb Tactic for Moving Iran Forward...
- Obama Praises New Iraqi Government as Inclusive
- Iraq's new deal not such a big deal?
- Wheeling ad Dealing in Iraq: More to Come
- Undercutting Obama: Joe Lieberman chimes in
- Netanyahu Dissing Obama - with the GOP ready to ba...
- Bush on his decision to invade Iraq
- More US meddling in Iraq's politics
- Chutzpah! Israel Risks US Fury With New Settlement...
- A Message to America's Jews (and Christian Zionist...
- Once again, Ashamed to be a Kentuckian
- Bravo, Barack! U.S. subjects its human rights reco...
- The Rejuvenation of GOP Warmongers
- The Costs of Pounding Yemen
- Boy George admits to his own criminality
- The Republicans control the House. Be very afraid...
- David Broder's FDR solution
- ▼ November (34)
- ► 2009 (440)