Iraq bombings kill 19, including 14 in the Sadr City section of Baghdad and another five in Ramadi (again, in supposedly pacified Anbar). Ramadi was hit yesterday as well. Dozens more were wounded across the country in a flurry of attacks three weeks after the U.S. military completed its withdrawal from Iraqi cities. A state of emergency was declared in Ramadi as well.
Reconciliation in Iraq seems many moons away. An analysis from WINEP offers some constructive suggestions on reconciliation in Iraq, but as Thomas Ricks notes, that seems many moons away.
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (339)
- ► 2010 (305)
- Stories from Gaza [from Mondoweiss site]
- US Military Interventions: What Do They Accomplish...
- Some Israeli Voices of Sanity
- Mean-spirited Jerks of the Month Award Goes to . ....
- Arabs losing hope in Obama's ability to broker Mid...
- A Disaster Approaches Inexorably in Palestine
- US in Pakistan - Good Intentions, Stymied by Poor ...
- Aluf Benn channels Glenn Close: We will not be ign...
- Under Our Radar: West Bank settlements grow, while...
- A Success - and a Test - for Democracy in Iraqi Ku...
- Rahm Emanuel channels Cheney
- Iraq's persisting divisions - and security contrac...
- Bush considered sending US troops into Buffalo, NY...
- Another deadly blast in Anbar
- The Next Chapter in Iraq
- Israel's Full-court Press vs. Obama; plus Maliki's...
- Iraq bombings kill 19 in Sadr City and Ramadi
- Biden's Rhetoric and Iraq - Not a Way Forward
- Roger Cohen on Iran's elections, and Iran's greatn...
- Climate Change and Iraq
- Netanyahu's Chutzpah
- More shades of Vietnam
- Iraq's and Afghanistan's Woes Continue, while Iran...
- 18 hurt by Baghdad bomb targeting Shiite pilgrims ...
- The Black Hole that is Bagram
- A Shii Festival approaches in Iraq = Trouble?
- WINEP's Singh: Make the Iranians crack
- More on the Most Moral Army in the World
- Under the Radar: Gaza's Plight . . . and a Growing...
- More on Mr. Obama's War
- Graveyards of Empires . . . and Presidents
- On the Han-Uighur tensions in Xinjiang
- Iraq's Unraveling Continues
- Another Dire Report out of Israel
- Netanyahu, Iraq, and Steve McNair
- Afghan Forces Missing From Helmand Offensive?!
- Iraq's rebuff of US has element of posturing
- One-day Afghan death toll of U.S. troops hits 7
- U.S. wants Iran to know it can be attacked
- Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Israel - Be very afra...
- Link Between Iraq Violence and Troop Withdrawals I...
- Afghanistan: 2 U.S. Soldiers Killed in Taliban Att...
- Vietnam, Part deux?
- More from the "Liberators" of Iraq
- The US "Liberation" of Iraq
- A Final(?) Dispatch from Tehran
- ▼ July (46)