Jerusalem Mayor Delays Plan to Raze Palestinian Homes | Middle East | English
This story is already a few days old - but as welcome as was the decision to delay razing Palestinian homes in East Jerusalem, I'm very concerned with Netanyahu's decision that Israel will not relinquish its illegal settlements in the Jordan Valley. He cites strategic necessity. That's crap. What he's doing is rendering an already unlikely Palestinian state in the West Bank more or less impossible. It would be entirely surrounded, and with no control over its borders.
So, the humiliation continues. That Netanyahu can speak of a serious Israeli interest in achieving peace through negotiations, even as he summarily makes such decisions the pre-determine the shape of any future Palestinian state, beggars belief. That the US and most of its allies let him get away with it tells us that Obama's celebrated outreach to Muslims wordlwide was made with alligator arms.
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (339)
- The NY Times on The Heart of Allawi’s Win
- Avigdor Lieberman on East Jerusalem construction
- The Implications of Iraq's Election Results
- Petraeus climbs down, and the US antes up
- Condi Rice: "We didn't know what we were doing"
- More on the Taliban's persistence in Helmand
- The Afghan tar baby?
- Can Obama Stand Firm against Netanyahu this time?
- Iraq War Triumphalism Ignores a Key Matter: Dead C...
- Reagan on the $50 bill?!
- Biden condemns Israel's plans to build housing in ...
- Netanyahu stakes a claim to Jordan Valley
- New Afghan Chief in Marja Has Criminal Record [?!]...
- Ahmadinejad: 9-11 a Fabrication
- "Iraqcracy" - like Tammany Hall, Daley's Chicago?
- Iraq's elections: coming none too soon?
- Operation Moshtarak was for show
- US Marines will stay in Marja for months
- ▼ March (18)
- ► 2009 (440)