Tuesday, August 18, 2009
A Tom Delay Moment from Slate mag.
The WP fronts, and everyone covers, ABC's announcement that Tom DeLay, the former Republican House majority leader who resigned from Congress in 2006 after being indicted, will be a contestant in Dancing With the Stars. The producers have apparently wanted a politician on the show for a long time and approached DeLay thinking he would say no. But The Hammer surprised them by quickly agreeing to participate and has been preparing for the show all summer. "If I hadn't been on the public stage, this would frighten me to death," he told USAT. "But this doesn't scare me. I'm going into this to have a great time." Political types quickly tried to out-pun themselves. "It would be interesting to see if Mr. DeLay can do the Perp Walk," said the research director of Texans for Public Justice.
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (339)
- ► 2010 (305)
- Anthony Cordesman on "How to Lose" in Afghanistan
- Zionist Racism in Jerusalem
- Iraqi MiGs found in Serbia
- US "Strategic Communication" - Put up, or Shut up
- Congressional Republicans Raise Prospect of 'Revol...
- The reported deal between Obama and Netanyahu is a...
- Obama's Next Move in Afghanistan
- Why Israel will thwart Obama on settlements
- The Death of Abdul-Aziz al-Hakim - and Iraq's Futu...
- Another blow to US Big Oil?
- Getting that Vietnam feeling?
- Iraq: "The Insurgency is not Over"
- Afghanistan's Elections: Was There Really Much Poi...
- The Shoes I Don't Want to be in? . . .
- Michigan Republicans and CIA-bought Mercenaries
- A Tom Delay Moment from Slate mag.
- Another Setback for Iraq's Democracy
- Obama Defends Strategy in Afghanistan
- Is Obama Throwing the Palestinians under the Bus?
- Israeli Army Reports Possible Soldier Abduction
- Dick Cheney, Boy George's Historian
- The Patience of Iraq's Shii: Can It Last?
- Surging US Troops into the Afghan Black Hole
- General McChrystal Consults Historian about Vietna...
- Pakistani Taliban leader killed?
- Eric Cantor and Palestinian Dispossession
- Sanctions on Israel?
- As Israel Dispossesses West Bank Arabs, AIPAC Slam...
- More bad news on the "peace process" front
- Ahmad Chalabi Back in the Mix
- The Conundrum of Afghanistan Poppy Production
- Is Thomas Friedman a Self-Hating Jew?
- ▼ August (32)