. . . and specifically, why East Jerusalem does not belong to Israel? Check out Prof. Juan Cole in Tuesday's Salon. And then, drop by his Informed Comment blog to see his comments ("The Closing of the Zionist Mind") on the over-the-top screed by the Jerusalem Post's Caroline Glick in which she tries to lambaste Cole (who undoubtedly has forgotten more about the history of Jerusalem - and of Israel - than Glick will ever know.)
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (339)
- Rattling the Cage: One man’s terrorist
- Ominous news from Afghanistan; even worse news fro...
- Another Israeli P.R. Coup
- Want to learn something about the history of Jerus...
- Iraq's Violence is Down? There's No Chance of Ira...
- Clinton's Camp David talks, 10 years after
- Israel can't survive without the settlements
- Hans Blix on Bush-Blair
- McCain on Iraq: "We already won that one."
- Roger Cohen on the Gaza Freedom Flotilla . . and t...
- Iraq Simmers . . .
- Time Mag on the Wikileaks Doc Dump
- Update - The Great Wikileaks leak . . .
- The Great Wikileaks leak . . .
- Obama's friend Rashid Khalidi raising funds for ne...
- The US's "Moral Obligations" in Afghanistan
- “Mother Nature always bats last, and she always ba...
- Is Informed Opinion on the Afghanistan Mission Shi...
- The Brouhaha over the Ground Zero Mosque
- The Death of Iraq's Religious Diversity
- Patrick Cockburn on the Retreat from Afghanistan
- 'The very existence of Iraq is in danger'
- Make of this what you will . . .
- Turkey's continuing emergence
- Afghanistan-Iraq-Iran: A three-front war?
- RECOMMENDED! The lost cause in Afghanistan
- RECOMMENDED! Petraeus runs into resistance from Ka...
- What's to come in Iraq
- Rami Khouri - and Octavia Nasr - on the Death of G...
- Marine General Mattis as new Centcom Commander
- ▼ July (30)
- ► 2009 (440)