So report both the NYT and the WaPo. No details - I wonder if Ms. Clinton hasn't scrambled to pull something together simply to regain the initiative from Iran-Turkey-Brazil. And I don't think that Lula and Erdogan are going to appreciate being one-upped. These days, the US is taking a bit of a risk in dissing Turkey. Or, is Hillary signaling to Erdogan: if you don't play ball on my team, you can forget about my support for your EU entry. (As if the Europeans are going to go for that anyway.)
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (339)
- The Damage Israel Has Done to Itself is Irreparabl...
- China Bans Court Evidence Gained Through Torture
- IDF Kills At Least 10 Humanitarian Activists as Is...
- U.S. Is Said to Expand Secret Military Acts in Mid...
- The impact of Russia's outreach to Syria
- JR's Picks for 24 May 2010
- The Ayatollah Sistani speaks re Iraq's new governm...
- Major powers have new deal fo Iran sanctions?
- Clueless in Kabul
- Turkey and Brazil negotiate uranium shipment deal ...
- Iraq vote recount: No change
- A Failing Counterinsurgency Strategy in Afghanista...
- Obama's Dog and Pony Show in DC: Public Diplomacy ...
- Postpone withdrawal from Iraq?
- Where is Iraq Headed?
- Reidar Visser: the Clock Is Turned Back to 2005 in...
- Another horrible cost of Mr. Bush's fiasco
- Rep. Israel wants Ahmadinejad arrested?!
- US and Russia to propose ban on WMD in Middle East...
- ▼ May (19)
- ► 2009 (440)