Some of this is very good news indeed, but if Rahm Emanuel also said that ""Any treatment of the Iranian nuclear problem will be contingent upon progress in the negotiations and an Israeli withdrawal from West Bank territory," then we all need to take note. There seems to be some support growing for this quid pro quo, whereby in return for Netanyahu taking real steps to create a Palestinian state, the US will line up with the Israeli hard-line position on Iran's nuclear program - the implication being that Obama might stand aside for an IDF strike against the Bushehr reactor. Not acceptable.
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (339)
- ► 2010 (305)
- The death of Salamo Arouch
- Is Iraq Coming Apart?
- The danger of an Israeli strike on Iran
- "Hebrew Socialist Republic?"
- Opinion | Guest Columnist | Heed voices calling fo...
- Lieberman: Israel will not attack Iran
- Hillary Clinton, the West Bank, and Netanyahu
- Hillary channels Dick Cheney
- "We cannot ... let this go on any further"
- Juan Cole on the Jane Harman Affair
- Extremist Tide Rises in Pakistan
- Anti-Arab racism in Israeli society
- Plan for Palestinian state is 'dead end,' Israel t...
- Interrogation Memos Detail Harsh Tactics by the C....
- Rahm Emanuel on the Two-state solution
- The "Economist": US must reduce aid to Israel
- A setback for local democracy in Iraq
- March of the Taliban
- 1, 2, 3 . . . What are we fighting for . . ?"
- The Squeeze Play against the Sunni Awakening
- "These People Fear Prosecution"
- Violence in Baghdad was "a last gasp" of Islamic e...
- Reports of Hezbollah ring plotting against Egypt
- A paid political announcement by the Likud party
- Some encouraging signs about Obama, Israel, and Ir...
- Netanyahu wants peace without a Palestinian state
- Might Pakistan come apart?
- A Saner Approach to Iran's nuclear enrichment
- Afghanistan = Vietnam?
- "New" book on the Armenian Genocide
- Iraq: Is it over? Not by a long shot!
- Finally, someone writes of the US's moral obligati...
- Can Iraq survive a US withdrawal?
- ▼ April (33)