Thursday, March 19, 2009
Pakistani officials not happy with US's plans
So reports The Guardian. Perhaps we can expect some of the outrage to be for show, but the reality indeed seems to be that a majority of Pakistanis resent the violations of their sovereignty and the "collateral damage" to innocent locals. A number of commentators have tried to reassure us that the government will not fall, that things will somehow remain under control. I wonder, though, how far people can be bullied like this before there is indeed a major consequence.
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (339)
- ► 2010 (305)
- Baghdad Awakening group disarmed
- A crucial test in Iraq: a must-read in today's WaP...
- The "Surge"'s Feet of Clay?
- More on what the US has stepped into in Afpak
- Obama's Plan for Afghanistan
- The Violence continues in Baghdad
- Netanyahu has his fig-leaf
- Roger Cohen on Obama's outreach to Iran
- Jackson Diehl - Critical Mass in Afghanistan - was...
- Bad news from Israel
- Is the US going to re-fashion Afghanistan's govern...
- Criticism of the IDF's Rampage in Gaza continues
- My newest op-ed is up at War in Context
- What makes Iraq go 'round . . .
- Iraq, Six Years after "Liberation"
- More Fun and Games with the World's Most Moral Arm...
- Obama Must Follow Through on Outreach to Iran
- Iraq's Changing Political Map: Democracy or Dictat...
- Soldiers’ Accounts of Gaza Killings Raise Furor in...
- The Crimes of the IDF in Gaza
- Pakistani officials not happy with US's plans
- (The Iraq) War: What Is It Good For?
- Obama may be planning to expand military activity ...
- The Value of Knowing Arabic
- Powerful testimony from an American eyewitness in ...
- More good sense on Iran from Roger Cohen
- The Armenian Genocide of 1915 remains a live issue...
- The Dilemmas of US Forces on the Ground in Afghani...
- IDF "mementos" left in Gazan's houses
- Hillary dissed by the mayor of Jerusalem (update)
- Is Charles Schumer trying to get Chas Freeman Cann...
- US invites Iran to join Afghan talks
- Hillary Clinton and Jerusalem house demolitions (a...
- Helen Cobban in the West Bank
- Hillary Clinton speaks out about Israel's demoliti...
- The West Bank outposts/settlements - how about col...
- What Israel is keeping out of Gaza. Would you bel...
- Some sane comment about Iran
- Frank Rich sounds an alarm
- ▼ March (39)