The Jerusalem Post seems to have wasted no time jumping onto an AP dispatch - perhaps hoping to throw Obama onto the defensive even during his inauguration. Ingrid Mattson, a Muslim scholar and the president of the Islamic Society of North America, is slated to to speak at Obama's inaugural prayer service at Washington's National Cathedral on Wednesday. But it seems there's some alleged connection between ISNA and those horrible people at Hamas.
The logic must be then that Obama supports terrorists, and can't be trusted to be Israel's friend, or a fair broker, especially after the events of the past 3 weeks.
I'm betting that Hannity and O'Reilly (aka, to borrow Keith Olberman's moniker for him, Bill-O the Clown) will be on this like a bad suit.
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (339)
- ► 2010 (305)
- Obama seems unlikely to widen war in Afghanistan
- A huge day for Iraq: provincial elections
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! A wonderful personal account
- Fascinating NYT article on Gaza-Rafah smuggling
- Krauthammer on Obama's interview with al-Arabiya
- Aaron David Miller on "peace process"
- 60 Dem Congressmen ask Hillary to intervene for Ga...
- A Central Asian Valhalla?
- Gaza's damaged children
- Joe Biden is preparing the ground for a new "Surge...
- A Must-Read from Haaretz - The Racism of the IDF's...
- "The Peace Process is over"
- Netanyahu: Existing West Bank settlements will gro...
- Israeli war against Hamas scars Gaza's children
- Tom Friedman says "This is not a Test." Wow, real...
- JR's latest op-ed at "War in Context"
- On the Taliban Insurgency in Afghanistan
- The Beat Goes On in Iraq
- A Better Way Forward in the Middle East
- A Test for Obama . . . in Bolivia!
- The skinny on Dennis Ross' aborted liftoff
- Are the Saudis putting Obama on notice?
- The big upsides of George Mitchell
- What were the Israelis expecting?
- Barack Obama and the burden of excessive expectati...
- Gaza: IDF leaving, Gazans see what's left
- Rising Tensions between Kurds and the Baghdad gove...
- Ehud Barak's rehabilitation?
- Obama's feet to the Fire?
- Tarring Obama with Hamas connection?
- The costs of "Cast Lead"
- The UN, the US, and Israel: This is the song that ...
- I'll say it again: A major reckoning awaits, and O...
- Obama's Middle East missteps
- Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live
- AN OUTSTANDING OP-ED! KUHN: When Israel expelled P...
- Hamas and the people of Gaza
- Again, Thomas Friedman bends the facts
- You-Tube video of pro-Israel demonstration in NYC
- WSJ op-ed: Force those lazy Gazans to get real job...
- Divisions within the Israeli leadership
- "That's War"
- Finally, some sanity from the Washington Post
- Gaza and the Rhetoric of War
- An eloquent protest and appeal found on the Missin...
- The Tunnels of Gaza, and Why the People There Need...
- Implications of Israel's Upcoming Elections
- The WSJ and Israel's War Crimes
- Tzipi Livni speaks for the Palestinians (?!)
- Gaza victims' burns increase concern over phosphor...
- More on Obama's willingness to deal with Hamas
- Petraeus may see US need to work with Iran
- Report that Obama is willing to talk with Hamas
- MUST READS in the New York Times
- Obama's Disturbing Middle East Appointments
- Finally, some critical reports on Gaza from the NY...
- Gaza and the media campaign
- A Forgotten War that we ignore at our own peril
- ▼ January (59)