The Israeli terror onslaught in Gaza continues - and terror is what it is, pure and simple, when an Israeli official characterizes as a shoah (the Hebrew term for the "Holocaust" - a term not used lightly in typical Israeli, or more broadly, Jewish discourse) the IDF's overwhelming, incontrovertibly disproportionate response to Palestinian rockets fired from Gaza at Sderot (where they killed one Israeli) and Ashkelon. The Palestinian rocket-firing certainly is not to be condoned or encouraged, but the Israeli response is out of all proportion to what Hamas and/or Islamic Jihad fighters have perpetrated.
Meanwhile, ordinary families are being savaged. I've linked below to a diary entry by a Palestinian journalist who lives part-time in Gaza, part-time in the US. It's the kind of report that you will seldom, if ever, find in the major US media.
Raising Yousuf, Unplugged: diary of a Palestinian mother: The Gaza Genocide
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (339)
- ► 2010 (305)
- ► 2009 (440)
- Crisis unfolds in Iraq
- Basra's turmoil
- A new monkey-wrench in the works? (or stick in the...
- In this season of peace . . .
- A must-read in today's Washington Post
- Old hatreds - and "Deciders" - persist
- And this guy wants to be president?!
- NY Times asks the "experts" for retrospectives on ...
- Fine review of a book that will draw notice
- US launches deadly missile strike into Pakistan
- Bush on serving in Afghanistan
- Iran elections; Iraq violence increasing; and pros...
- 12 March: the US loses a leader
- JR's recommended reading for Monday, 10 March
- excellent essay by Gideon Levy, in Haaretz
- Israel approves West Bank construction
- On the Jerusalem Seminary Shootings
- Dark Days, about to get darker
- The USS Cole and "Syrian behavior"
- "Moving to Baghdad" - a must-read piece in today's...
- Clinton v. Obama: Now what?
- Identity crisis for young Iraqis?
- Will Iraqis really "like" America once the America...
- more comment on the situation in Gaza
- The Gaza Genocide
- The Bullies Converge. The Results are Deadly.
- ▼ March (26)