Wednesday, March 19, 2008
And this guy wants to be president?!
And on top of that - or, actually, in pursuit of that - he claims to have great foreign policy expertise?! I'm talking, of course, about John McCain's mega-gaffe in Amman yesterday. It's truly embarrassing to watch the video. McCain's entitled to some jet-lag-induced fuzzyheadedness, but to stand there and publicly insist (and re-insist) that Iran was bringing in al-Qaeda terrorists and training them, and then sending them back into Iraq, was a truly boneheaded mistake, and one that his opponents - as well as media critics - must not let him get away with. (for what it's worth MSNBC's Keith Olbermann even bestowed on McCain his awarded-daily "worst person in the world" honor.)
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (339)
- ► 2010 (305)
- ► 2009 (440)
- Crisis unfolds in Iraq
- Basra's turmoil
- A new monkey-wrench in the works? (or stick in the...
- In this season of peace . . .
- A must-read in today's Washington Post
- Old hatreds - and "Deciders" - persist
- And this guy wants to be president?!
- NY Times asks the "experts" for retrospectives on ...
- Fine review of a book that will draw notice
- US launches deadly missile strike into Pakistan
- Bush on serving in Afghanistan
- Iran elections; Iraq violence increasing; and pros...
- 12 March: the US loses a leader
- JR's recommended reading for Monday, 10 March
- excellent essay by Gideon Levy, in Haaretz
- Israel approves West Bank construction
- On the Jerusalem Seminary Shootings
- Dark Days, about to get darker
- The USS Cole and "Syrian behavior"
- "Moving to Baghdad" - a must-read piece in today's...
- Clinton v. Obama: Now what?
- Identity crisis for young Iraqis?
- Will Iraqis really "like" America once the America...
- more comment on the situation in Gaza
- The Gaza Genocide
- The Bullies Converge. The Results are Deadly.
- ▼ March (26)