This undoubtedly will provoke more Israeli criticism of Arab states who refuse to "take in" their Arab brethren; and one can only deplore the circumstances of Palestinian refugees in Lebanon; but to allow them to settle would saddle Lebanon with major demographic issues, as well as threaten the recent rise of Lebanon's Shia (including Hezbollah) by infusing a large Sunni element into the mix.
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (339)
- Israel Estimates Iran Will Have The Bomb In 2014
- Richard Cohen misses the point on West Bank settle...
- Obama's Rocky Start . . . and Fighting Back to Reg...
- Lebanon's continuing refusal to allow Palestinian ...
- Iraq's continuing post-election trauma: Iraqiya pa...
- Obama at the UN: promote democracy and human right...
- CIA’s Afghan Kill Teams Expand U.S. War in Pakista...
- . . . Meanwhile, in Iraq (where's that again?)
- "Peace Process" 2010 update
- Will US-Saudi Arms Deal prevent War with Iran
- Iraq and Syria to Build Oil Pipelines
- The Marja "Success Story"
- Freeze Settlements . . . and Freeze Lieberman
- The American Taliban, and American Leadership
- Iraq Struggles On . . .
- Disaster in the Making for US Presence in Afghanis...
- The Indus Flood and Pakistan's Internal Fault Line...
- Obama's Dilemma
- Iraq's Complexities
- The US, al-Qaeda, and Obama's Road to Ruin in Afgh...
- US Pushing New Plan for an Iraqi government
- "Pastor" Jones' Quran-burning event
- Southern Evangelicals - Some of al-Qaeda's Best Fr...
- The Naivete of the Direct-Talks Optimists
- AP: 'Combat in Iraq is not over, and we should not...
- "Negotiations" and the Challenge Facing Obama
- Ehud Barak: Palestinians Should Get Part of Jerusa...
- ▼ September (27)
- ► 2009 (440)