The response to the death of Ayatollah Montazeri bears watching, as thousands of pro-reformists are reportedly flocking to Qom for his funeral. (And remember as well the traditional commemoration that takes place 40 days after a death - another possible flash-point. The basiji will be out in force on both occasions. And the demands on Mr. Obama to weigh in will be high.
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (339)
- ► 2010 (305)
- Did US forces execute Afghan children?
- US stepping up aid to Yemen
- American Zealots in the West Bank settlements
- Zakaria channels Obama: "Yes We Can" [in Iraq]. B...
- A Flashpoint for revolution in Iran?
- Former neocon darlings biting the dust
- Pakistan court kills amnesty that covers president...
- More Iran Paranoia
- Is the U.S.'s Ally Zardari on the Ropes in Pakista...
- The Washington Post's double-dip on the Iranian nu...
- Today's Trifecta of Devastation and Lives Snuffed ...
- Israel summons British envoy to protest Livni arre...
- US ramping up threat of sanctions on Iran
- Paranoia and the Zionist state
- A gut-wrenching report from the Times of London
- State Department to Detroit's Chaldeans: Fuhgetabo...
- West Bank settlers vandalize mosque
- EU waffles on Jerusalem
- US officials face pro-Israel background check
- The US about to poke a hornets' nest in Baluchista...
- The Washington Post's editorial chief on the "Surg...
- Take the War to Pakistan(?)
- Obama's Surge: What Exactly is the Mission
- Meanwhile, in Iraq . . .
- Obama's Afghan Surge
- ▼ December (25)