The line in the sand is being etched into concrete, and Israeli officials are whining about unfair concessions to the Palestinians - and are seemingly aghast that the "understandings" made with the Bush administration (specifically, about "established realities" regarding West Bank settlement construction) are no longer in force.
Oh, come on! If they want to play that card . . . what about earlier understandings with Israel about a two-state solution - about the need for a Palestinian state - that go back as far as Yitzhak Rabin and the Oslo Accords, and most recently, Ehud Olmert, the Annapolis meetings, etc.? Now Netanyahu/Lieberman reject any such understanding, but they cry foul over West Bank settlement construction? Something long recognized as illegal by both international law and UN resolutions?
Stick to your guns, President Obama,
Israeli ministers: No West Bank settlement freeze - Haaretz - Israel News
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (339)
- ► 2010 (305)
- Israeli ministers: No West Bank settlement freeze
- Anthony Shadid on the Effects of US Occupation in ...
- More Washington Post nonsense on Israel-Palestine
- Pentagon denies report Iraq prison photos show rap...
- Roger Cohen: Obama in Netanyahu's web(?)
- Biden: Aid to Lebanon Depends on Elections
- Netanyahu throws Obama a bone
- Obama quashed Israel military option against Iran
- Iran as existential threat?
- An Iranian nuclear weapon would be "calamitous"?!
- Releasing detainees - Guantanamo and Iraq
- Iran's New Long-Range Missile
- Frank Rich on the ongoing legacy of George W. Bush...
- Why did Petraeus oust McKiernan?
- Abu Ghraib, Act II
- Israel no longer getting special diplomatic treatm...
- Obama and the Long Haul in Pakistan and Afghanista...
- A New - and Big! - Oil Discovery in Iraqi Kurdista...
- Clinton Expresses Regret for Civilian Casualties i...
- John Bolton on the "Spanish inquisition"
- Afghanistan = Vietnam = tar baby? (once again)
- Muqtada al-Sadr now a Grand Ayatollah?
- Pakistan in a Critical Hour, While AIPAC Heads Rig...
- Hamid Karzai criticised for selecting former warlo...
- Old Troubles Stir in Baghdad. . . and around the M...
- Lessons, and costs, of empire
- A Young Marine’s Dream Job
- ▼ May (27)