Very worthwhile piece in the NYT, on the price we pay for electing to Congress intellectually puny men and women whose knowledge (such as it is) of economic realities is blinkered by ideological myopia and blatant immaturity. And also, the price we pay for cultivating a social ethos that values wealth, celebrity, and photogenic looks over actual achievement, education, and experience.
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (165)
- Libya and the Iraq Model
- Should the US Stay Involved in Libya?
- The Lessons of American Hubris
- Tea Party Dimwits
- Journalism, Orientalism, and the Raid that Killed ...
- US's Worst Day in Afghanistan
- What Would Jesus Cut?
- On the Tea Party and Republicans
- The Meaning of Mubarak's Trial
- Pretext for a New Arab-Israeli War?
- Faces of the Oslo Dead - and their Critics
- How to Bring a War with Iran?
- Former Bush Adviser: US Should Devise a SOFA with ...
- Sparks for an Israeli Civil War? or a Third Intifa...
- On America's Need for a War Ceiling
- A New Notch in the Tea Party's Belt?
- ▼ August (16)
- ► 2010 (305)
- ► 2009 (440)