As published at Foreign Policy - an extremely cynical perspective that could have come just as easily out of WINEP or Likud headquarters. Consider also that Miller served under the tutelage of Dennis Ross during the Clinton era of the peace process - and that Ross remains at the heart of the Obama team when it comes to US policy toward the Israel-Palestine conflict - and you can understand why the peace process has come to nothing. Ross has often been accused of being "Israel's lawyer" as far as negotiations were concerned. I see nothing in Miller's essay to indicate that Miller himself doesn't warrant that characterization.
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (165)
- Iran Preparing a Nuclear Arsenal?
- “America has baked Iraq like a cake, and given it ...
- Likud MK Calls for Unrestricted Settlement Buildin...
- Fount for the Arab Spring: Egypt's Second Revoluti...
- Why Palestinians Should not Recognize Israel as a ...
- Bibi Better Have a Plan B
- The WSJ's Twisted Spin: Obama an "Anti-Israel Pres...
- Beat Goes on in West Bank; New Challenge in Iraq
- Bibi's Beating Up on Barack. But Beware . . .
- The US as "Dispensable Nation"
- Obama's Speech: Arab Wariness, Israeli Anger, Amer...
- Afghan War's Toll on US Soldiers
- Quick Take on Obama Speech - and Reactions
- Iraq's High-Stakes Game with the US
- Bibi's Non-Concession Concessions
- Arab Spring, Palestinian State, American Irrelevan...
- US Indifference to Bahrain Abuses
- On the UN General Assembly and a Palestinian State...
- Daniel Levy on Obama's Upcoming Speech
- Obama's Upcoming Speech on the Middle East
- On Syria: Thinking It Through
- About Libya: Does Samantha Power Read Paul Pillar?...
- The US's "Interests" in Syria
- Storms and Misery Brewing in Iraq
- Another Afghan-Vietnam War Parallel
- What to Expect from Bibi's Speech to Congress
- Growing Debate over Afghanistan Withdrawal
- Israel's Need for a Reality Check
- Libya's "Forgotten War"?
- Condi Rice on the Iraq War: Standing by Her Man
- Al-Qaeda's Looming Irrelevancy?
- Some Perspective on Osama Bin Laden's Execution
- Aaron David Miller on the Hamas-Fatah Accord
- Barack's Bin Laden Bounce: How Long Will It Last?
- Friedman's "Geronimo" for Osama
- Important Questions and Wise Counsel from Robert M...
- What Egypt's Re-emergence Might Mean
- Did Thomas Friedman say US was partly to blame for...
- Why New Bin Ladens Might Emerge
- Under the Radar: Important Supreme Court Case
- Osama bin Laden: a Post-Mortem, with a Note about ...
- The US Economy at the Imperial Precipice
- US Hypocrisy in Dealing with Arab Pro-Dignity Upri...
- Egypt's Revolution in Deep Perspective
- ▼ May (44)
- ► 2010 (305)
- ► 2009 (440)