The video linked to here is powerful, horrible, extremely graphic - but shows up-close what repression looks like. We read the words every day now, and note the counts of those killed in Damascus, Deraa, and elsewhere in Syria - as well as the hundreds who have died at the hands of repressive regimes in Yemen, Libya . . . and, yes, Israel. This clip gives you a sense of the horror - and the kind of unpleasant truths that we need to look fully in the face.
The Killing Fields of Syria: "The footage is hard to watch and not weep, but it must be shown around the world as the testimony of the criminal regime of Bashar Assad. Th..."
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (165)
- More on the Hamas-Fatah Deal - and Syria
- A Third Intifada on the Horizon?
- Reported Fatah-Hamas Deal; Bibi Rejects it
- Libya: Obama Needs to Finish the Job?
- NY Times on the "Peace Process"
- Poll: Egyptians have unfavorable view of U.S., are...
- Already Embattled Team Obama Hit with New Shots
- The Killing Fields of Syria
- McCain on Drones
- The Unique Character of the "Arab Spring"
- Pakistan, Libya, Drones . . . and Syria
- Disturbing Report about US Officer Corps Attitudes...
- Cordesman: Destroy Tripoli to Save It
- GOP Invitation to Netanyahu Puts Obama on Spot
- Advisers to Libya Rebels: Shades of Vietnam and th...
- Ahmed Rashid on the US End-game in Afghanistan
- What's with the NY Times' Fact-checkers?
- Permanent Bases in Afghanistan?
- Syria and the Pottery Barn Rules
- Neocons Planning for Continued US Presence in Iraq...
- MSM's Iraq Mantra: "Overall Violence is Down"
- Why Don't Palestinians Just Give Up?
- Brent Scowcroft's Call for Renewed "Peace Process"...
- Bahrain Monarchy to Ban Main Opposition Party; US ...
- Yemen Tipping Toward Civil War?
- The Iraq-Libya Parallels
- Obama's Hamster Wheel
- The US's Bloated Military Budget - and Global "Mis...
- The Arab Spring - and Israel's Future
- The USAF Joystick "Aces" in(?) Afghanistan
- US to Extend Military Stay in Iraq?
- Libya and American Hubris
- Another Turbulent Friday in the Middle East
- US's Heavy Hand in Afghanistan: Lessons for Libya ...
- Yemen up for grabs?
- How Coalition Approach in Libya Redounds to Palest...
- Egypt wants to resume relations with Iran
- The Human Faces of Revolutions
- The Sectarian-Tensions Pot is Bubbling
- ▼ April (39)
- ► 2010 (305)
- ► 2009 (440)