I'd not seen these photos before. Truly heart-rending, but they also remind me that this kind of incident occurred in Iraq - usually off the US media's radar, and sometimes at the hands of Blackwater's "contractors" - more often than we'll ever know.
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (165)
- ► 2011 (339)
- The Approaching Battle over Afghanistan?
- US military involvement in Yemen - keep an eye out...
- Update on the "peace process"
- Jesus rifles as “spiritually transformed firearm[s...
- The Supreme Court shreds American democracy
- David Brooks touts Americans' "equilibrium"
- U.S. Rifle Scopes In Iraq And Afghanistan Feature ...
- O'Hanlon and Pollack plead for Iraq's democracy
- Taliban assault on Kabul
- Holbrooke and the US don't get it
- David Brooks on Haiti's Flaws and Faults
- Tal Afar, 2005
- Israel and International Justice: the Irony
- Deadly Protest in Afghanistan Highlights Tensions
- Drones in Afghanistan: Playing with Fire?
- In Case You Believed that Saddam was completely De...
- US could threaten Israel with Sanctions(?!)
- Two excellent essays in The Nation
- LA Times/AP's Misguided Report on Hamas-al Qaeda T...
- Inspiring Essay about Tony Judt
- Did John McCain just put his foot in it?
- And Now for a Little Business
- Iraq De-Baath commission bans Sunni party from Mar...
- Reporting from the New Surge
- Afghanistan Counter-insurgency and Poor US Intelli...
- As Yemen Jumps onto our Radar . . .
- Terrorist Attacks Widen Pakistan's Fault-lines
- Why Won't Those Terrorists Just Leave Us Alone?!
- Federal Judge Dismisses Charges against Blackwater...
- ▼ January (29)
- ► 2009 (440)